Happy Saturday!
It is still cold here, but nothing like the last two days. The sun is shining and we might actually get into the 50's today! Still a great day to sit for a few minutes with a cup of coffee though.
While the boys are out trying to tame Lance's mane I thought I would check in and share my favorite thing Lance is doing this week.
Monday night or so we had him swinging in his new swing and he ended up taking a tumble out and scratched his back on a box left over from Christmas decorations. (Yes, we were a little behind.) It looked like it was going to be pretty painful and started swelling so I grabbed the quickest cold pack I could...frozen okra. At the time he was crying and fighting the cold touching his back. When he calmed down a bit he became very interested in the 'cold pack.' We showed it to him and explained that it was okra. Since then he has randomly called out "Oookra" when he gets really excited. I'd love to know what that translates as in Lance language, but it must be something good. :o)
On the subject of communication, Lance has started back with a picture book (PECS) to help others know what he is trying to say. He is pretty proficient with it. That gives me hope for his future communication/comprehension even if he is unable to speak as clearly as we would hope.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Karen, It's Lisa Kyle! I periodically check in with all of you with your blogs and enjoy your entries. I am so happy to hear of Lance's successes today! I know that he has a wonderfully loving mother to guide him! I appreciate all your detailed, honest entries, they are a witness to all of us. I will continue to pray for you and your family as I hope you continued to be comforted by our Father! Take care. Good to be able to catch up with the TEAM now and then! Miss you all!
Hey to the Hairston Clan from Rockdale! I love reading all of your entries. You all are such an inspiration. I would like to forward a blog to you created by Brent's niece. http://www.landonsstory.blogspot.com/
Much love from the Millers.
Hope to see ya'll soon.
Post a Comment