Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kora is Here!!!

On 10/13/2009 Kora came out at 9:34 pm 7lb 1 oz and 19 3/4 inches! Karen and Kora are both doing great right now. In the early hours of her life Kora has proven to be very easy. We fully expect this to change. Lance has been a very great child so we figured God won't make it quite as easy with Kora ;)
So, Karen was induced yesterday morning for precautionary measures. No big concerns, just wanted to be on the safe side. Believe it or not but October 13th was her actual due date! Yes she was induced but still what are the chances? It was a classic October day here with the fall foliage and light off and on drizzle. Great day to be born! Karen choose the way of epidural but that did not save her from earning any badges of courage. Under some unfortunate circumstances Karen endured three hours of painful contractions. We know there are many of you out there that have delivered multiple children without any relief. And we definitely have respect for that. But I was really proud of Karen for going through what she did. After she got the epidural fixed she was much more aware and able to enjoy the rest. As far as laboring Karen did awesome! When it came time to bring Kora into the light, Karen was very proactive and aware of her body. Kora has a lot of hair as you can see in the pictures. Speaking of pictures...without further ado....

9 comments:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

I've been watching and waiting for an update. Kora is beautiful - congrats to you guys and to big brother Lance!!

Anonymous said...

Words cannot express how I feel right now. I love you all so very much, and I'm so incredibly proud of you and for you! I'm so thankful that God has chosen to make you part of my family. Give Lance & Kora big hugs & kisses from Aunt Chrystal!

The Schmidt Family said...

She is beautiful!

Aunt Judy Goodfellow said...

Thank you for allowing me to share the first few days of Kora's life with you three ;) Love you.

Jenny Smucker said...

She is absolutely adorable! Congratulations to all of you!!!

Breanna said...

She is so beautiful! I can't wait until I get to see all of you again! Are you going to mke it down for the holidays this year?

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!!

Angie Cleary said...

Congratulations! I obviously havent logged onto blogger in awhile...I'm so happy for you guys and Kora is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for your growing family! I miss you, but know you are doing great things:) Love, Becky