Tuesday, July 24, 2007

We couldn't be happier

Heelllo!
(By the way, it is not Christmas, don't be confused!)
Well, it is high time for a big update on Lance. He continues to amaze John Michael and I each day with how much he is learning and developing. I happened to look back at some of the pictures I had of Lance my first trip to Ukraine and it is unbelievable. He now seems like a different child than the one in the pictures. Probably because I know a little more about the true Lance and how he looks at the world.
Anyway, I have to brag on my little guy for a bit. He is now signing "more, please, eat, drink, bye, all done, and baby" and saying "Bi Bi Bi" for bite. At some points, he will combine 2 or 3 signs to communicate effectively. For example: more eat please. He is trying to climb up on his high chair, can climb into his crib (when the side is lowered) and into the tub. Lance will eat most foods now if he likes the taste, but not as much of a concern for sensory issues. He can stack 5 blocks pretty consistently, too....just a reminder, he has only been home for 2 months as of tomorrow. I am proud of our little Lance.
Our lives have been completely blessed by having Lance here. He is now a daddy's boy big time so on the weekends and evenings I try to steal as much time I can to hang out with him.
Here is a comparison of Lance from March 06, April 07 to now July 07



Don't worry, Mattie got close, but never actually was able to share the beater with Lance.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I am completely amazed. He's like a different little boy. How God has blessed that little boy's life and yours as well. Keep the pics and updates coming. I am hooked!!
Suzie

The Schmidt Family said...

That is so amazing. He is blessed to have you both as parents!

Anonymous said...

All the pictures are so wonderful! He looks so very happy...as do you guys! I can't wait to meet the little guy!
Love you all!
Stacey

Anonymous said...

How neat to see such amazing development in such a short period of time. What a special boy with very special parents!
We love you all very much.
Aunt Judy