It's about time right?! Well, we really don't have any excuses for not updating our blog. We do however, react when people start getting on to us for not updating. You let us know and we'll emphasize getting something on the blog. Without further ado......
Back in late July we visited Aunt Susan and Uncle Larry's in Tennessee. Lance got to enjoy some time with cousins Julia and Amber and we all got to see the newest addition, Charlotte. Thanks guys for letting us stay and hooking us up with the Cracker Barrel!

Good ole' summer fun with the cool water ball. As usual, Lance cannot get enough.

Amber and Julia have a really cool swingset! We definitely need to get Lance one.

Here I gave Lance a mowhawk and put his comb in his back pocket like a greaser. Amber Kate took special interest in this and continually took the comb in and out.
These are shots from the second half of our recent Texas trip spent with Pa, Nana, Aunt Chrystal, Uncle Chris (not Unc), and the crazy cousins Clay, Colt, and Cadge. He also got to meet most of my extended family for the first time!! It was a ton of fun. It was really great to get Lance around the boys especially for such a long time(4 1/2 days). I think he learned a lot about just being a carefree boy, just one of the guys.
I'll try to get Karen to post with pics and commentary about the first half in Georgetown with all the Lance cousins plus Cheryl's cutie Christie(spelling?).

I had to show this shot of Cadge. Moma said it was time to go so as you can clearly see he has everything he needs to go back home. Hilarious.

Lance and Cadge just goofing around in the pecan tree. I remember Colton being very fond of that tree when he was their age. They are totally fearless.

And then a nice shot for all the mom's to gasp at. He was laughing the whole time. And I have mad kid catching and throwing skills so we were safe.

I took my first opportunity to introduce Lance (Class of 2022)to his future choice of college, TEXAS A&M!!!! This is in front of the MSC with the nice Nova buses in the background (Daddy's old wheels!) Be careful Lance! Don't step on the grass or some buzz-cut will give you the 3rd degree! On a sidenote: during my friend Matt's wedding festivities, Lance was able to meet 2 other future Fightin' Texas Aggies. Lance would like to send a shoutout to his boy Logan and a wink to his girl Lauren not only fellow Ags but, also fellow card carrying members of the KAPS(Kids against parents sleeping). Holla.

Tried to get a cool shot of the boys...not happening. It was hot and I had them staring into the sunset. Not smart.

Colt came over with one of the 12th Man jerseys I had given either hime or Clay so I I had to get Lance in his new 12th Man jersey for a shot.

Cadge saying good bye...in a very aggressive, loving way. He is a mess.

Fun on the slide! The slide has been getting tons of play the last couple of days. Kudos to the slide givers! I thought this was a cool mid-slide shot.

Once again Lance and water. Its like peanut butter and jelly...a great combination. We had a big bowl we filled up and tried to get him to fish things out with a colander. He just wanted to splash and dump. We went with that. As he does in the bath tub, he submerged his face and would come up real quick like it was cold. Good times.
So there's some updates. Oh yeah, he has started occupational and speech therapy and is continuing to develop in all areas constantly. We are also getting him to other health professionals for his other needs. Like I said I'll try to get Karen to post about our time in Georgetown and her thoughts. See you guys next time...hopefully sooner than later.
3 comments:
Told you I check all of the time. :-)
It was so great to see you and that precious boy.
I still think I should have gone with the really cool UT outfit for Lance. I think he would look good in burnt orange. Who doesn't?? lol
THanks for the updates and pictures. I'll check back again soon.
Suzie
YEAH!! I am glad you are blogging again. Thanks for the update! Keep us posted!
Amber
It's about time! :) I check too...
Post a Comment