Whew, this will have to be quick. I have 7 minutes. Today went great!!
All of us were able to teach our parts without rushing with 30 SECONDS to spare! It was perfect. Although, while we were talking it was very hard to tell if anyone was appreciating the talk since in the culture here everyone keeps very serious looking faces without much expression. Then afterwards we had several questions and then they had a little lunch for us (with food we bought for them and food they made from home). At the lunch a doctor said such kind words about what we teach, our hearts, and all the help that we have given them that Kym and I were crying. It was a great feeling. There were some funny parts during our speeches as well. Especially Carmen.. she was fabulous!! Kept me smiling with all her energy the entire time. I will have to go into more details later. Anyway, it was great.
Then we went to various rooms of the orphanage to work with any kids they asked us to. They are all precious. We asked to go to the infermiry (sp?). There we saw several more kids and some that broke our hearts. The last portion of our time was spent with two 4 year olds...one with spina bifida and one with down's syndrome. Wow, they were both really smart and interactive. What breaks my heart is that if we do not find a home for them by the summer they will be sent to the institution. It completely breaks me down....completely. They could live independently. Please help us find a home. I will have information for anyone interested. Seriously, they are really high functioning.
Okay, everyone is waiting on me. I have to run.
I love you guys!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
karen you all have wonderful hearts and are so generous to give up time with your families to travel so far to help these sweet children. i hate to hear about the 2 sweeties that will have to go to the institution. you know me...i am crying now...but i am going to pray that God finds them a mommy and daddy! i know they are out there!
Hi there, I adopted from that orphanage a year ago- a 5 yr old and a 16 month old with Down syndrome. I know for sure the boy w/ Spina Bifida has a family on the way for him :) And the little girl seems to have changed a lot but I believe it is the same child and she also has a family! Please contact me, I am the Ukraine family coordinator with a ministry called Reece's Rainbow that specifically finds families for children with special needs (especially Down syndrome) in other countries. I'd love to be in contact with you! mkp1982@hotmail.com
The boy DEFINITELY has a family -- a terrific one!!!!
JEB
Atlanta, GA
Post a Comment