...here we come! For those of you who know Samuel and his mommy Amber, you know about Booty Camp. It is some hardcore potty training that has led him and his 2 year old sister to be potty trained in one week! So, starting this Saturday, we are going to do it. Amber has been nice enough to share all of her knowledge and training with us. So, goodbye pull-ups! I know this isn't going to be a walk in the park, but I think it is going to take something a little more intensive for Lance to fully be potty trained. He honestly, just does not care at this point. For those of you who are not familiar with Booty Camp, don't worry. It is never harsh or mean. You never yell or show any anger during the training. It is just very intensive and you stay confined to the kitchen until you start getting with the program (obviously not when he is sleeping). It is one hard week for a grand reward! Whenever Lance goes on the potty he will earn time out of the kitchen for fun things like Easter Egg hunts, jumping on the trampoline, swinging, etc. It should be pretty motivating! So, please say a little prayer that this will be as painless as possible and that God will grant me patience as he learns. I can not say how excited I am that this could be our LAST box of pull-ups EVER for Lance!!!! Okay, I guess I have perseverated enough on that. ha!
He is truly growing up though. Lance is interacting so much more and pointing out all sorts of things as we drive in the car. Half of the time I have no idea what he is talking about, but I love that he is trying to tell me about whatever it is. We are now struggling to figure out what our plans are for Lance this coming school year. He will be old enough to start kindergarten, but he is very delayed in academics. There is a school I really want him to attend, but for us to be able to afford it they need some grants to come it. We are all hoping they will show up any moment, but it isn't guaranteed. So then the question is, what are my options? We are thinking, but primarily we have to depend on God to lead us. It could be a very exciting year ahead, but right now it is daunting.
Okay I will finish on a positive note. I am going to attach a precious photo of our son. Unfortunately, his collar makes his neck look like a turtle, but I still think he is handsome. (Family members- you will be getting some copies, just trying to figure out the best way of doing it right now) :o)
6 comments:
This picture is adorable!!!!!
Lance is getting so big!
love you guys!
Stace
I LOVE IT!!! Booty camp, kindergarten, and an excellent picture! He's getting so big!
What a handsome young man! I wish you th ebest with the potty training. How old is your son?
Good Luck! It is so much easier once you get out of pull ups! Wow, Kindergarten already? On to IEP's and all kinds of other fun stuff for you all! We get to wait another year for Morgan since his birthday is late, can't say that I'm disappointed - he can stay "little" for another year, ha! BTW, love that pic, what a handsome little man!
I wish you lived here and cute little Lance could be in my kinder class and play with Peityn on the playground next year :( Can you believe our babies are big enough for "real" school?
????Did you even know I am teaching kinder now????
Love the cute pic!
Praying for you on the potty training...I know it's hard... sometimes we have to get "tough", but it's always out of love. LOVE the picture!!! Can't wait to get mine! Or better, yet, can't wait to see y'all again...I know, I know, it's our turn to come visit y'all! I'm working on that...
Love y'all!
Aunt Chrystal
Post a Comment