Wednesday, March 21, 2007

This is The Big One!!

The wheels on this thing have been turning since the moment Karen laid eyes on Ivan. However, this is one of the big steps we've been waiting on!


Hello Karen,

I reached the SDA. The date of your official appointment in the SDA is April 19, 2007.
I didn’t specify the exact time of the appointment. But tonight I go to Kyiv to get your official letter of invitation. I have an appointment there. I’ll keep you informed.

Olga.

This is a little less than a month away so we will have plenty of time to prepare but, I know the 15th-16th will be here before we know it. We'll drive down to Texas to leave the dogs with Karen's parents so we'll fly out of Austin. Another great bonus is that Karen's cousin Chris will be making his way to Ukraine sometime while we are there! It will be really great to have someone so close and in our support group there with us. So much to do!!! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Steve Davis said...

Karen

Don't know if you remember me, but I'm the photographer who worked on the story about the Clarks. I'm incidentally also the person who posted the the story that I wrote on my blog that I did with a fake name while I worked there at the Record. Not sure how I found my way back here (probably through the link to my blog) but I"ve enjoyed reading you and your husband's story. Good luck and God speed with the adoption. I'm in DC now, otherwise, I'd come and take some photos and write another story. Give my best to the Clarks!