Saturday, April 21, 2007

We're here, we met, it's all good!










Let's go ahead and start off with the good stuff!! Just to check and make sure you have a safe amount space around your screen we decided to post this pic sideways so everybody will have to turn their screens sideways. Ha, now you're reading sideways. Anyway, this is our second short trip back today! It is amazing. I won't start cuz I couldn't stop. We are loving the time spent with him so much. All the discomfort we've had to go through is irrelevant now!




This is basically how it went today. We hung around him, tried to entertain a little, and he tried really hard not to cry. He looks composed somewhat in this picture but the furrowed brow we have become accustomed to seeing was in full affect. This is the door to his room which is also his comfort zone. They prefer we take him out to the gym when we are visiting. There are several other children in his room. In the gym he's tense because he's away from all familiar faces. Before we went to the gym he was doing really great.
Today we saw him for about 2 seperate hours. We found out from here on out we can see him from 8-10am, 12-3pm, and 6-7pm. This is really cool and will keep our days busy I think. The caretakers at the orphanage were nice, welcoming, and seemed supportive of this adoption. Time will test many of these first impressions.
We haven't mentioned the train ride so far. It was 13 hours long, numerous stops, cramped, stuffy, and warm at times. Chris, Karen, Olga, Alex, and I all shared one cab until late when Alex went to sleep in another cab. Needless to say, we were all ready to get off!
We'd go on into more subject but, we are about to be timed out. It took awhile for me to figure out how to use the system here. Okay, until next time. Keep up with the comments and we love all you guys.

13 comments:

MAMASBROSKI said...

Ok, I've gone blind and can't see either. DId ya'll leave a message or did you not? Maybe something happened to it as it came across the ocean?? Will be checking back. It is 12:00 noon saturday now. Colton, pitcher, won his first tee ball game for the season. Dad and I are going to Temple to check out the new Home Depot! Will check this afternoon. Love ya'll! Hug our new grandson for us!!

Aunt Chrystal said...

Oh, this is so much fun & so frustrating at the same time. We all wish we could be there with you! I love the pictures, especially the family photo, and that picture of Lance with his beautiful furrowed brow! Adorable!

Can't wait to talk to y'all and hear how it felt to hold your son for the first time. I promise, that is a feeling you will never forget! I know the train ride was terrible, but it is sooo worth it!

Yes, Colton won his game today, and he even hit a homerun his first at-bat! He's really matured in the last year, and he's wearing big number 4 this year ;-)

We love y'all & we check the blog lots so keep posting!

The Schmidt Family said...

We are so happy and praying for you guys!

Susan Briggs said...

Ahh...how sweet! I've been waiting for these pictures. It will just take time for him to feel like you are his comfort zone. But who could not love you guys when you have so much love to give?

Susan

MAMASBROSKI said...

OK OK that is enough bring him HOME. Love yall THE OLD MAN

MAMASBROSKI said...

All in his time! I remember reading the Saga of Lena....as the messages came there was a change in Lena, a more acceptance of her new parents. With time and more visits Lance will become more at ease with you both and he will be ready to leave with you as soon as the time comes! And when will that be? Soon I hope! The pictures are wonderful! Thank you!

I received two cards today..wonder who they are from?? Thank ya'll!
Hugs and Kisses Nana/Cameron Mom

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I love seeing John Michael in the pictures with him : ) So glad the day has finally come. We have been thinking about you guys and the kids ask us all the time what you are doing. So happy to be able to show them new pictures of Lance : )

Anonymous said...

Karen-Your mom sent me your site. I'm really glad she did. I'm very excited for you guys. He is so cute and looks much bigger than the last pictures I received from your mom. You're such an amazing person and Lance will realize how amazing both of you are as he gets older and knows the lenghts ya'll went to to make him part of your family. Congratulations. Love- Your Cousin Carrie in TX!

Anonymous said...

now how special are those pics. wow. i am so pleased you two are taking the time to keep us all posted daily here. what a grand idea this blog was. i find myself checking it for updates several times per day.
~uncle tim

Puente Family said...

I love the pictures! It is so awesome to see you guys all together and so happy. I know you guys must be so excited! Take care, Stacie & Jason

Anonymous said...

Hi Lance, Karen, and John Michael! Finally a family! I love seeing the pictures- it gives me a little feel of what it might be like to be there. Please keep updating the pics! Lance is such a cutie...and sitting up rather well :). I absolutely cannot wait to hold him. Any more thought, Karen, on what we discussed? Please let me know.

We took Alexis and Macy to the Wild Animal Park today-fun! love you guys! Judy

Larry Briggs said...

Hey guys, you all look like a happy family! I am so proud and excited for the "HAIRSTONS" bunch. It looks like our next family cruise will be on Disney. Tell Chris his flight home is looking very good for first class. Can't wait to see the little one. Take care and God bless your little family!!

Cindy Watson said...

hi ms. karen...i miss you! i like your little boy.

love...
truman h.