Friday, April 27, 2007

Slackers

Day 6 Quote: Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.
-Helen Keller
Day 7 Quote: Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.
-William J. Bryan

I thought we might have thrown a few of you off by not writing early enough today. We did learn from Olga that Alex got to Kiev and submitted our documents to the SDA yesterday(Friday) morning. Next step is getting them processed. We originally thought it would take 7 days at least because of the holidays here but, they told Alex to call back Thursday because they were sure they would have them done by Friday! This was very nice to hear. Any days we can get trimmed off will be great.
Back to Lance Ivan. Day 6 did not have any big milestones reallly. He seemed to be feeling much better however! He did need a break from the gym as he was into the doors way more than he usually is on this day.
Day 7 was a little bit more exciting. The morning started off beautiful so we knew we would be able to take him outside later. In the morning, he got into hitting some things "drummer style." Lots of coordination. Outside was great! He was very observant, tried many types of dirt...I don't think he found any tasty ones. We were just letting him be a boy for a little bit and explore. Our first introduction of bananas and cheese was a success. Not sure if he's every had either but he loved the banana and would have eaten it all if we would have let him. Cheese was okay too but, he is still making crazy looks when a foreign subtance is introduced to his mouth. No doors outside so he was quite content. He is very used to having hats on his head so with this fact and seeing him in the blinding sun yesterday I think he'll be a ball cap wearer as many of you have noted! Later was good also. He got to playing with both of my rings(wedding and Aggie) tasting, feeling, throwing, etc. We also believe that when he started crying when we took him back, that it was partly because we were leaving!! Hate to see him cry but, glad he didn't want to see us go.
Today we are going to see Lance in the morning then go to a Monastary near-by. It is beautiful again today so it should be a nice trip. I am hoping we will get back in time to see Lance tonight, but we will see. We'll have to update you on that later. We love you guys. And don't worry Judy, we didn't have anything going on last night either. Just the computer lab was crazy with teenagers out on a Friday. So we got up early this morning to post and read you guys' comments. It might be crazy in here again tonight. So if so, will come back in the morning.

Gotta go, my computer time is about to expire. We love you guys!!
John Michael and Karen

PS- We found the slide again in Lance's room. Sneaky thing! JM checked it discretly checked it out and said he couldn't figure out a better way to attach it because of the way it was made. I guess it will have to stay an adventure!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

one word: DIRT. mmmmmm. at one point was Alexis' favorite thing to eat also. hehe. that brought back some memories.

lance my boy, we will send you a padre's hat to your new home state-side when you arrive, i promise. (as i am quite sure there may a shortage of ball caps in that new home of yours; your dad is not simply not into wearing hats--yea, right!)

keep your sprits up jm and karen. we love ya.

~uncle tim

ps. uncle larry, are you alive out there?? back from fishing trip yet?---you have not posted here in some time now and the uncle clan needs your support & input her you know!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, good morning from Walburg! We are loving your blog, and finding it pretty habit forming...I always check it right after my email. I even check before my real estate listings! I hope you will keep it up after you get home.
I guess Chris will be leaving you today to head back this way via Kiev, Berlin, Frankfurt,and North Carolina. I loved the picture of him with Lance. Keep em' comin! Tante Judy

Larry Briggs said...

Hello Hairston family, good to hear and see everything is going so well for you. Just got back from a 5 day adventure of fishing and golf.It was tough and so tiring, but I'm O.K. now. Little Lance needs a Brave's hat since he doesn't seem to care for the Astro's one. I am so happy and proud of you both. Thanks for all the postings, these are truly exciting times. I'll chat at you soon, take care and "God Bless".
uncle Larry

P.S. if you read this Chris you're still looking good for first class and wide open in business fra-dfw.
P.S.S. Tim I'll deal with you in 3 weeks. Ha!

Aunt Chrystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Chrystal said...

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. It's been crazy here.

Kid fish was fun, even though we didn't catch any fish lol. Colton won his ball game Thursday. We're 3-0 now w/7 games left. It's nice to finally be winning this year!
Cadge is well now, and Clay has turned into mom#2. He's such a good helper!

Y'all's video was adorable. I think Lance loves the Astros cap. He was just taking it off so he could admire it more closely ;o) Did the Mariners cap fit him? Were y'all able to take pictures of him outside? Oh, have you bought a swing for your house yet? He must have a swing :)

We love y'all so much.
Aunt Chrystal, Uncle Chris, Clay, Colt, and Cadge

April 28, 2007 1:14 PM

Anonymous said...

hi again! Just to let you know we are still thinking about you and praying for all to continue to go well!! It will be wonderful if your documents are processed by Friday!!

So happy that you are making such wonderful progress with Lance Ivan - just great!!

Love ya stax!
Cheryl

MAMASBROSKI said...

So glad to hear that the paperwork is going according to plan. Keep us up on the progress.

Blake, Christina, Jr and Alyson have been here this weekend. We checked out the church,Civic Center and new motel. Here we go again, another December wedding!

Blake and I worked the Youth Fish today and decided it may be our last time. We think 3 years is enough, We want to spend more time with family! The whole day is centered around family,games,arts & crafts, rides, animals, bbque cookoffs, all sorts of things. Maybe one year you three can come! Lance would have a ball!

Continue your growing time with Lance. Can't wait till ya'll are on that train to Kiev, then you know your trip is on its last leg. We continue to pray for your safety, health and well being. We love you three!

Nana and Pa

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing about your day with Vova. Finally, we are having nice days here too.

Sounds like you had fun playing outside, just wait until you get to show him the world. So much fun in things that used to be mundane - like going to Wal-Mart!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...wonder who the comment deleter is? Must be a lurker! If I had known you could delete your comments-the whole "I was beautiful" thing would not have been an issue! But I know (for sure) it gave a few of you some good laughs-so glad I could help.

Any who-pretty sure my daughter does not eat dirt (a fatherhood fantasy, I guess). She does however like to find worms in it. She thinks they are fascinating, along with snails. Lance will have a great time playing with his cousins, Alexis and Macy. We will take him to the beach! Alexis's garden is doing great and her pumpkin seeds just sprouted! Yay! She also peddled her tricyle for the first time today-big day! Those little legs are finallly long enough!

Don't worry Lance...your Aunt Judy isn't going to send you anymore baseball hats! We will have to figure something else out! Love you guys!

Judy