Well we did have our first great nights sleep last night. Whew, that was nice! We are still waiting on hot water. We have been at the hotel for 11/2 days and so far we only have luke warm water. Eeek! Needless to say we are getting in and out as quickly as possible. But atleast we have sleep.
So at first today was uneventful. Lance is still pretty scared, but we have some small breakthroughs...we decided to put him down more instead for hold him all the time so he could start to get comfortable down on the ground with us more. He watched as John Michael juggled (a talent I didn't realize he possessed), he watched us as we walked around, but still stiffly. Then as I moved out of the line between him and the door he made a b-line for it, but as soon as I turned around he stopped mid-crawl. It was hilarious. He is a quick little guy and very observant. We were also able to take him outside today for 30 minutes. We will not be able to take him out again until Wednesday because he is in a presentation the orphanage is giving on Wednesday due to his great improvements from the exercises we share with them last year. They do not want him to be sick.
When we returned this evening we met several other couples from Peru, Slavania, and there was another couple. Our driver from previous trips was there, too. It was nice to see him. We will probably go to see a monastary near-by on Saturday with him. Anyway, one of the ladies (Anna from Peru) gave us a cookie to give to Lance. He refused for quite a while, BUT when everybody left and it was less stimulating he actually tried, liked and finished the cookie!!!!!! This is huge for me! John Michael said I was floating. One more step toward our future. :o)
The weather continues to be beautiful here in Kramatorsk. It is sunny and probably in the 50s. John Michael and I walked home from the orphange and really enjoyed it. Then to top it off I received a call from Kym and Amanda. It was really nice to hear from you guys! By the way, John Micheal and I started our workout plan today. Ha! Hopefully we will keep it up.
Love you all!
Karen and JM



19 comments:
1st! /texags
Awesome! I can't tell you how excited we are for you. He looks like he's ready to call the hogs! We're so thrilled and anxious to get you all back here!
We all just got back from Devil's Den where Tillie spent her first night in a tent. I'm thinking we'll have to head out there with Lance next year. Ya'll can come too. heck, yall can take my kids and go without me. ;)
It was great to hear Chris' voice today. We love you all-
Jay
We have been trying to call but the lady on the recording says the line is busy:>( Will keep trying!
Blake said to say They love ya'll and when they are in Cameron next weekend we will try to call and he can talk, Baseball, I'm sure!
Sounds like you need more cookies! Ya'll will have to keep on your toes, sounds like nothing will get past him!
Hugs and Kisses!!
Nana & Pa
sounds like a junkie to me :). I agree with Larry-sounds ike we will have to make it a Disney cruise next year-there will be 6 kids-can you believe it? 5 girls and 1 boy-poor Lance! That will keep him on his toes!
We saw the new butterfly exhibit at the Wild Animal Park yesterday. I was beautiful. It consisted of a huge outside area that was nice and humid (like Texas :) and was filled with hundreds of different kind of butterflies. Alexis particularly liked the one that had what looked like an eye on its wing. She loves to tell you why the butterfly has an eye "because the birdies might try to eat it and then they think-hey that's not a butterfly thats a bird-so they don't eat it." :)
love you guys! Judy
oops! I meant, IT was beautiful. Susan will love this one!
love,
Judy
I have to say that Judy herself alerted me to her " I was beautiful" statement before I could comment. Must be Freudian. Aren't you glad we take up your blog space with our witty comments? Sorry! By the way, can I send my kids on that camping trip with you guys?
I think I am going to have to see Lance before Christmas. I can't wait that long. He is too cute. I'm glad to see that you guys are all trying to get comfortable with eachother. It's just a matter of time! Pretty cool, by the way, that he is making enough progress from his physical therapy to be in the show! He already sounds fun, and if he likes cookies, he's in. Glad everything is going well...what does Chris think about the whole thing?
Love, Susan
enjoy the cookies while you can lance...but if you keep it up too long you will look like your uncle tim after 7+ hotdogs! seems though your parents are already setting a good example for you in this area by working out daily despite the less than desireable contitions; your in good hands lance. smile dude!
~your uncle tim
Karen, it isnt the same without you here! I love reading the blog and keeping up with all of the details. You guys are beaming in your pics. I cant wait to see you all again and LancE!
Kristy Brown
He likes cookies....that boy is kin to his Oma! We are enjoying this blog so much. It is a great way to keep informed. I love the pictures...he has grown quite a bit, hasn't he?
I went to a wonderful women's retreat in New Braunsfels this weekend, but I checked the blog as soon as I arrived at home. I tried to leave a comment,but nothing happened when I clicked on "publish". As many times as I clicked it, I figured it would show up 8 times, but it didn't show up at all. Maybe the space is limited....?
Love all of you guys, G'town Mom
PS I'm really eager to see all of you, but Lance in particular ('cause he's new)
I am so glad ya'll are doing the whole blog thing...
I am such a sucker...I sit here and read it and cry ;) Guess it is a mix of post-baby hormones and being so happy for you guys and Lance! TEAR...
Glad to see y'all had another great day! Is it time for you to come home yet?
BTW, Judy & Susan, if y'all are short on boys, I'd be happy to send my 3 along. Not 'cause I need a break or anything, but you know, to help make it more even;-)
Get that baby some more cookies & send us more pictures! Love y'all!
Keep em coming!
OPA
PS I was beautiful too.
Love you Jay!
Hey, in addition to luke warm water, there is cold water, icy water and NO WATER! So count your blessings : )
The kids all say hi! It was great talking to you today. Jimmie says to tell you and John Michael hi.
ooohh i Love the pics! he looks so much happier with you guys than he did with kevin and i. he is such a cutie even with the sad face.. i can't wait to see a pic of him smiling...it won't be long!
way to go with the cookie ..that is sooooo cool ,,, what a big step!
it was sooooo good to hear your voice today.. i am gald you guys are doing well!
love ya
kym
What a cool little guy Lance is!! I'm so glad he knows how good cookies are :) I'll be anxious to see how the pictures of Lance change from his "furrowed brow" to big smiles. I'm sure you are cherishing every moment with him! We miss you!!
Kate
What a blessing to be along for the ride with you guys! Thanks for doing this...
As I was reading your updates this morning the verse below came to mind...
1 John 3:1-3
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!...Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears,we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."
Just as it has not fully been made known what it means for us to be children of God, Lance does not fully know what it means to be your beloved son. But beloved son of yours he is!
Lord hurry the day when Lance will know, feel, understand, believe, and trust that he is Karen and John Michael's precious little boy!
-------------------------------
Can we get an update on the slide? :)
This is so awesome to be able to keep us informed. The more you are with him, the more you will be his comfort zone. It's amazing how fast it will happen.
I love the pictures.
Suzie
Hey again Karen, John Michael and Lance! This is my 3rd attempt at leaving a message on your blog - so I guess I am more techologically challenged than I thought!!
We are soooo happy for you and continue to pray that all goes well and the red tape disappears as you go along!!
I REALLY hope we can get to see you all in September when (hopefully!) we make it back to USA!!
Even though we are also new to the parenting thing - it is the greatest thing in the world - we laugh soooo much!!
Love you stax!!
Cheryl, Neill and Christy from South Africa
Post a Comment