Thursday, April 26, 2007

Size 2's=Karen dry pants

Quote of the Day:

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear.

- 1 John 4:18


By the way Susan, I loved your quotes you shared too. Really makes you think. Today was day 5 for us here with Lance. And we continue to get smiles when we arrive at his room. We did some playing, looking at the 'Five Little Lady Bugs' book (first time he was interested in it), and drank from a sippy cup for the first time. We are definitely switching to that because it was no problem for him. In fact he held it with two hands and we had a hard time prying it away. We are working on him talking as well as signing 'more' and I think he actually did it for his juice today. Little steps every day!


The gym was stifling hot today. Whew! Lance kept trying to go for the door during our long visit (2 hours today). We know he likes the swing mechanism of the door, but I want to say he was trying to get out of the steamer too! Once we showed him how the window works when trying to get some fresh air (shhh...don't tell the caregivers) he became bound and determined to open it as well. He's a smart little guy. We are going to have to be careful what we do in front of him because when he is interested he repeats immediately.


The number 2 diapers seem to work better...no leaks on me today. He did bite again. I was feeling his teeth, I know smart, huh? Well, I am not concerned about his jaw strength if that says anything. Ouch!!! Note to self, don't put finger in hungry boys mouth.


In between visits to Lance we visited the special needs room (group 4.) I was very happy to see them again. There were a few new kiddos and some, unfortunately were not there anymore. They were moved to the institution. The good news is Sergei, and Egor have not been moved yet. They loved the attention from John Michael, Chris and me. We will be working with them more, but we just played today. Last night we were told there are other families waiting to get the "American" to look at their child as well. It is wild, but I am glad that we might be able to more than just adopt while we are here.


Later we met with the director so that Chris could donate the toys he brought to the orphanage. (Big props to Unc/Chris!) They were very grateful (don't worry Kym and Amanda they were well designated/ marked.) While we were in there I discussed possible options for the future to help the children with special needs. He seemed very excited that we were still thinking of how to help. He is going to mention our ideas to the Ministry. It is amazing how a little love and help goes such a long way here. It was also nice that he gave credit where credit is due...to God.

Karen wrote most of this post but, I've got to brag about her some. From what I'm understanding from Olga, others who have experienced the work of Karen, Kym, and Amanda are greatly appreciative and interested in learning more from them. Most have been convinced that these American's are good and can help their children. The director at Antoshka has also been very flattering to Olga about Karen. She even has a nickname around the orphanage. "Little Miracle." She is not liking me posting this btw(by the way). Karen told the director it was because of God. Some orthodox priests visited the orphanage today and said she has a lot going for her in the sainthood realm! Hee hee! Its really hard for her to listen to this because she doesn't want the credit...I mean you guys know how she is. It is pretty cool that God has chosen these women to do so much and have such big hearts to bridge this gap. I don't want to jinx it but, I feel something big starting up here!! Very exciting! Get ready...we've got more work to do when we get back!!


Love you guys!


PS- Susan bye can be...Paca (informal) or dasvedania. ...sounding out not real spelling

hello can be...Previet (informal) or strafstoicha...again

how are you...kak de la?

Hannahs and Clarks no laughing at my spelling. ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Karen, JM & Lance;
We are just over flowing with happiness for you guys. It's so amazing how GOD works in our lives. The pictures are great! You are in our prayers for a safe and rapid return to home. Lance, you sure picked a great family to be part of. I am sure your Opa will have you set up with a miniture set of golf clubs once your stateside.
Much love,
Felix & Laura Hernandez

Anonymous said...

Sippy cup and Cookies! Lance has it made. I am proud of Unc Chris, I did not know that he took his toys to donate.
I am also so very proud of Karen & John Michael! What great and loving things your are doing.
Opa

Anonymous said...

Must be a weekend or something-no entry since yesterday and fewer comments than normal. But not to worry...your sister, Judy, is home bloggin' it :). Something about having an eight month old and a 2 year old changes how your Fridays go :).

Lexi story...I was putting her to bed this evening and she asked me to keep her door open when she goes to sleep. I told her that I would leave it open, but if she cries I would have to close it. She asked me why. I told her because she would wake Macy up and Macy isn't feeling good. Lexi looked at me and said, "Macy isn't feeling WELL, mommy". So for the record, my 2 year old is correcting my grammer! Love that! I am going to ask her to do my taxes next year :).

Thank you for all the pictures and the video-love that! He was pretty darn accurate at getting JM's hat back on, huh? All the nice things said about Karen were no surprise to me. She has always been a very special person.

love you guys! Judy