--James 1:27
Day 16 -This is a verse that we came across several times while considering/planning to adopt. Its always good to see it.
The title today kinda has a double meaning that some of you may get but, I thought about Chris(Unc) when I wrote it. This ones for you Unc. Hope you left Charlotte in good form. Keep getting your updates here...I've got a special video idea in store for you. Ha.
Today is our first full day at Alex and Olga's apartment and "we" are all very comfortable. As Karen said I was happy to be able to make a grilled cheese sandwich. Scrambled eggs is next on the list I think! Right now we are doing some laudry...and we aren't even using the sink!! That's right boyeeh!
Thanks so much once again for the comments. It is good to know the haps on other family events. Makes me think we should have already had some kind of neutral site where we can post text,pics, and videos all the time. Maybe an idea for the future?
Well Lance had a good day yesterday. We went outside for a stroll and a quick run to a store very close to the orphanage. We picked up some baby cereal so we could feed him a warm dish. Today we presented this warm dish along with a cold dish option(which previously was received very well) and "warm" dish moved very quickly past the cold foods on the "I like'em" list. We knew that these Antoshka kids would have food issues and we were proven correctly today. He would cry and throw a semi-fit when he was offered the cold food. We fought a little battle with this today. We tried to make strides in calming him down before we continued to feed him. Patience wore a little thin but, I think it was well worth it. Luckily he has a short memory and didn't cry for long after we stopped eating. Again, another learned characteristic of environment I believe.
We also tried for over an hour to get him to fall asleep yesterday. He fought it for awhile, too. Its too convienent right now to have the time to deal with this. We won't always have so much time to be flexible with his behavior. Guess this is parenting....and I know it will work out fine.
Overall, we are still very happy and enjoying all of our time with Lance. We know the good and bad come together and that the little rough times will always be out weighed by the great blessing this is to us. It always helps to have your support though. Hope you enjoy the pics and we'll try to get another video up sometime...maybe even right side up!!
JM and Karen
Sorry but these pics are out of order and there are complications in me posting them as smoothly as I have in the past. Gotta love not being able to read the page you're posting on!!



9 comments:
A two year old child with zero tantrums? Not normal.
Figuring out what makes em tick one way or the other? Priceless.
As frustrating as it may be sometimes, this is a true portrayal of parenthood. The good part is it is balanced by the many joys of sleepy smiles, leaps and bounds, rediscovering the world through a child's eyes and unconditional love. So hang in there and join the club! And pray for stength, patience and an inner quietness. I am still working on this!
I'm working on a quote for you..but I really liked your quote yesterday!
Love, Suz
Okay, Rodney Dangerfield funny quotes today.
--"Once when I was lost, I saw a policeman and asked him to help me find my parents. I said to him, 'Do you think we'll ever find them?' He said, 'I don't know, kid. There are so many places they can hide!"
--I never got girls growing up. One time one called me and told me, "Come over, there is nobody home!" I went over..there was nobody home.
Hee! Hee! Okay, hopefully I'm not offending anybody's sensibilities!
Love ya, Suz
Susan said exactly what I was thinking! Welcome to parenthood!
Forive my ignorance, why doesn't Lance like cold food?
Boys went to Nana & Pa's yesterday and helped Pa with the garden. Gave me a nice break to just veg-out & watch HGTV. They have big plans for new things to plant next year. Maybe y'all will get to come visit sometime & Lance can help pick veggies!
Colton has another game tomorrow, and I found out yesterday that they (Clay & Colt) get to stay here for the summer! Yay!
Love y'all-Chrystal
PS-Pray for LOTS of patience lol!
Funny, when I checked the blog, there were no pictures so, I went on about my house cleaning. Dad comes in here and Voila! there are pictures, guess you were figuring it out as I was reading. Wow! The pictures of where you are living and the "home" Lance Ivan lives in make it seem more real to us.
Clay and Colt helped Pa weed the garden and Cadge got dirty head to toe. The boys are so proud of the veggies that they see growing before their eyes! Lance Ivan can learn to play in the dirt right along with Cadge. Can't wait to see that!
It was wonderful talking with you yesterday! Gave Karen a chance to get Lance Ivan to sleep! Keep faith, all will fall into place soon. God's plan is ever working!
Hugs and Kisses
Nana and Pa
Hey,I remember that blanket! John Michael, check your email. Sent you a picture of you on that very blanket. Wow!
Mom
Hey, you guys are doing a great job with little Lance...I guess there is value in spending a little adjustment time over there when you are not distracted by other things that you have to worry about over here.
You will need a lot of patience to deal with things that didn't just develop over night. It will be worth the battle...and sounds like you will have an army of supporters to help.
We love you guys and anticipate the great things that God has in mind for your family.
The dogs say "hello and don't worry". They enjoy their walks.
Love, G'town Mom
I think I would like to be in on the quotes too. They're great.
I'm so glad you get to live with Olga now. That seems like a much better place to stay.
I am so encouraged by your perseverence and endurance. I am studying about these two things Romans and I get to see you two as living examples! Keep on shining for God's glory. He radiates through you.
We miss you!
Kate
Hi again...have to admit, I've been a lurker for the last few days! No excuse except for a sick husband and a sick nanny - so computer time has been limited!!
I am glad that you guys have been able to move into Olga's apartment - definitely more comfortable to have more than just the 4 walls of a hotel room to move around in!!
Judy and Susan - it's great to hear your news via this blog too. The Lexi stories are priceless Judy!! I imagine we will soon be hearing similar ones from Christy!
Karen and JM - you guys are an inspiration!
I'm shattered and probably not making any sense - so I am off to bed!!
Lotsalove
Cheryl
Post a Comment