Quote of the Day: Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.
--Helen Keller
It is now Friday (10:33 PM) on Day 21 and as promised we are back to post. We erased that post if you are confused. We just came back from having a nice meal at the "Milky Way" with a couple from Washington, DC who arrived today. They are very nice and it was great to visit with them. Their translator is one of the ladies who helped out the last time I was here in Ukraine, too! It was great to see her. Strangely, I feel as though I know a lot of people here. ha! We realize how far we have come by seeing a couple here on their first day, where we were not long ago.
Today we began by going on our fourth run this week (it keeps me accountable by telling you if we ran or not- which we did not yesterday because of court.) I have to admit I was not looking forward to it, but was glad once we went. Isn't that how it always is? We then went to work with some of the children with special needs and at 10:15 got to get Lance. Nothing too eventful during our visits today, but they were nice. He continues to mumble more and more. We get very excited every time. Today was comfortable, smooth sailing, not boring, and overall pleasant. The icing on the cake is reading the wonderful comments from all the people we love so much back at home.
It really set in today that we are able to pass on a few things with Lance Ivan Hairston's name. Lance being my maiden name in a family of all girls (daughters and granddaughters.) Some of you may not know but Ivan translates as John in English. This carries his cultural background, and his daddy and his Pa's first name. He will also be the first greatgrandson of A.B. and Mavis to carry on the Hairston name! John Michael is very proud of that.
Tidbits:
- Lance's loyalty to the Ags is not up for debate. ;O)
- Sorry dad, can you explain PTL?
- All this talk about steaks, burgers, and Blue Bell has us jealous here in Ukraine.
- Yeah! It is crazy that I can actually celebrate Mother's Day! Strange and wonderful. Angela, do you feel the same way?
- We enjoy many aspect of the comments, the hilarious comments, the sincerity, and the wisdom. Many of you have posted scripture and it is very encouraging not only to received these words, but to know we have friends and family who know these words.
- Ross and Kate, God has blessed you with wisdom way beyond your years. Thank you for your specific prayers and encouraging words.
- Atleigh, John Michael has not needed the Tabasco sauce near as much as he had expected. It is always good to know it is here, though. Thanks!
- Larry, thanks for making us look back at some of the other posts because there were comments had been added that we had not seen.
- Kym and Amanda, the couple that came today almost didn't come to see this child because of poor medical info in the chart which was not accurate. They had passed up a lot of other children already so decided to see her just to show the government they were trying. Reinforcement that we need to help somehow.
Goodnight (or afternoon there),
JM, Karen and Lance (11:14PM)
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Hi Karen and John Michael,
Congratulations!! We are so excited that Lance is yours officially now. And, we will all be praying here that you are able to fly back on the 25th. I'm preparing our handout now for Sunday (HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, KAREN) and putting this prayer request in there. We can't wait for you 3 to get back. Love, Karen Mason
I'm very excited for you guys. Your site has been really cool to check on all the updates since I don't know much going on. Cool to hear Susan is expecting her 3rd. Happy Mother's Day. Glad your parents finally have a grandson! :) Take Care.
Love-Carrie
PTL=Praise the Lord (in all things)
Good to hear that things are going well for you and that you are able to help others & give comfort to them. That seems to be your special gift from God.
Just let us know what we can do for you and your cool little family. Love you bunches.
Opa
Hey Guys--
It is fun to see who all has been lurking and popped their heads above water!Hi Carrie! Hope all is well on your end! How's the little guy?
Larry is currently playing Wii, so he'll be able to challenge you JM and Chris (aka Unc), but I have to say he has been a blog faithful lately! He's off to Brussels tomorrow...somebody has to do it, eh?
I am enjoying sitting down right now and listening to a thunderstorm roll in...I love that!
I'm eagerly anticipating being able to sit outside with our families, maybe BBQ, go for a dip in the pool..listen for Lance's first English words..won't it be fun!
Talk to you soon. Love you mucho, mucho!
Aunt Susan
There has been lots of talk in our household about how Mrs. Karen and Mr. John Michael are a Mommy and Daddy now! We are all very excited for you. The kids are sad that you aren't coming home right now, but they are happy to know that they have a new Ukrainian cousin : )
Congratulations!
Love,
The Clark 5 - Jimmie, Amanda, Dima, Leks & Lena
I've been a "lurker" as you guys like to call us.....just been reading....this is my first post. I just want to let you know that I am so happy for you guys, and I can't wait to meet Lance. I'm so thankful that things are going so smoothly for you, but we should expect nothing less because we know that God guides our lives. I have faith that the rest of your time there will be good, and that you will be home sooon, settling into the normal routine of parenthood very easily. You will be GREAT at it! I can't wait to see you back! Love, Carmen
Yah! I finally got to talk to Karen on the phone! It was so nice to hear your voice-even if we did sound like we were on a news cast with a 5 second delay :).
Not much new here-Alexis was Goldilocks today. She told me she has yellow hair like mommy. Today we went to the park and we met a little girl who was there with her mother. I was helping her mom by pushing the little girl on the swing and Alexis said, "Look, I'm sharing my mommy-isn't that nice." :) She is such a character. Macy is growing daily-JM and Karen you will be amazed next time you see her! I ran a bath for her tonight that was very shallow and she had a blast splashing around on her tummy.
Karen, it does seem like you know a lot of people there! That doesn't surprise me about either one of you. The two of you are definitly doing what God put you here to do. We are all very lucky to have people like you in our lives-and we are VERY lucky to have little Lance in our lives. We get to watch him grow!
Love you,
Judy
Post a Comment