Monday, May 14, 2007

Day 24 with Lance

Quote of the Day:
It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him. --Abraham Lincoln

I really like that quote. If you let it sink in, it can really make you evaluate what and how things bother you (if they do ;O)) and how small things really are. I think I needed that because honestly I was a little moody today. No real reason, though. Well that is until I tried to get plane tickets...please don't freak out. I have already done that and it didn't change anything. We are working on the situation as we speak. So, I guess you want to know what I am talking about. We originally bought round trip tickets to Ukraine with the intentions on changing the return date to match our needs. This is why we used a travel agent to make sure we bought the right kind of tickets in order to assure this accomodation. I called the airlines today to change our return flight from the 23rd to the 25th. The seats for tickets at our rate were full beyond June 10th. There is no option of upgrading either. So our options look are though we can fly on the 23rd (which will not allow enough time for all the paperwork) or buy new tickets. So far, the tickets I have found are $3,000+ per person. Ha, that's funny. I have written the travel agent hoping he will have some options and Susan, my sister, is looking into standby flights for us. I have to say that standby does not sound too good with a child who will be in shock, new parents, and a lot of heavy luggage. I'm sorry, I really did not mean to vent, but it is the big thing of the day today. The good news is that we have all our appointments lined up in Kiev to make sure we are finished on the 24th. Isn't that ironic? :o)

Lance had a really good day today. I did feel pretty bad for JM, though. He was in charge of nap time while I worked on the flights. Lance used every tactic he could to remain awake. An hour later I came back and JM was worn out. I rocked Lance a maximum of 10 min. and he was out. Honestly, he probably wore himself out during the hour, but it still was frustrating for our new dad here. It was once again a gorgeous day, too. We did a lot of walking. Oh, we were able to take Lance to get his passport photo today. He was such a good little boy and sat still in the chair all by himself. I can't wait to see his big brown eyes in that picture.

Today was our 6th day of our workout routine. We changed it up and ran stairs and did exercises indoors this morning. John Michael convinced me to take mother's day off yesterday...I can't say he had to twist my arm very hard.

Tidbits:
-Ashley, it was very nice to hear from you. We definitely want to take you up on the dinner, too. I promise we are not avoiding it. :o)
-Cheryl, I will have to keep TAPS in mind. I will let you know about the sign-up form a little further down the road.
-I am glad that you all enjoyed the giggles. He is one happy little fellow. His giggle brightens our days for sure.

I think that is enough ramblings for one evening. Sorry about that. We continue to think of each and every one of you.
Love,
John Michael and Karen

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

HANG IN THERE! it will all work out I'm sure. We'll be ready for you when you get back, and we'll be praying for you until then.

MAMASBROSKI said...

God has a way of working things out, hang in there. We are all praying for your ticket situation to be taken care of easily and quickly. We love you.

Nana

MAMASBROSKI said...

Hey, Jay....we are all on the same track........
Nana

Susan Briggs said...

Hey Karen Bo-baren and John Michael, read your email. Everything will work out (ESPECIALLY and most definitely before June 10th! :0)) Stay strong in the faith and let the travel business people do a little more checking for you. We're on it and we love you.

Love, Suz

Anonymous said...

guys-
just a quick slice of home for ya. Annie had her class musical tonight. She did sooo well. We ordered the DVD so ya'll can see it when you get back. heh heh heh.

Tillie dislocated her elbow wrasslin' with Sam over a stuffed animal. Gig spent 2 hours at the ER, and missed the musical. This is what ya'll have to look forward to. :) Maybe the Ukraine isn't so bad?

Aunt Chrystal said...

Okay, I'm thinking God isn't going to take you all the way to the Ukraine & just leave you stranded there. Evidentally, y'all are just supposed to be on a different flight. I know it's easy for me to say that, but you know I'm right ;-P Don't worry...worrying is meditating on the thoughts of the devil (--Gloria Copeland I believe).

John Michael-Don't feel bad about the no napping for dad thing. I always tell Chris that Cadge wants Momma now, but when he gets a little older, it's gonna be all about Dad!

Anonymous said...

lance my boy, seems God is playing with your parents tixs in an effort to get you a frist class ticket home; or something like that.. you will see. it happened for a reason. karen bo-baren and jm will keep doing the next indicated step and it is sure to come together right out of left field while they are doing the legwork; never fails. is hard now to see the reason for the speedbump at the moment, but soon it will be clear, your uncle here is sure of it.

your opa is sure to chime in soon with some wisdom on the subject as well i bet, he is good like that. always right on target with the advise(and he eats hotdogs with us from time to time also. your just gonna love him. hehe) also, your uncle larry, he----well, i will just have to fill ya in on him later. just know that Lexi here does not call him "crazy uncle larry" for nothing!

smile you all, its all going to come together shorly, i can feel it.

~uncle tim

Larry Briggs said...

Hey Guys, just got back and catching up on on the latest news. Susan has been sharing the travel dilemma with me. I'm sorry that is happening. We will continue to work on it, so check your e-mail. My quote of the day:"it is always something".Ha! This too shall pass. Can't wait to see you all, take care and God bless.
Uncle Larry

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, be patient. You'll be back before you know it. Until then, enjoy the once in a lifetime experiences you are having now. Don't make me come over there!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys, its me Munchkin. I am writing from Texas. Its really hot here so I just ate my first ice cream cone. It felt really good on my 5 teeth that are coming in. So Karen, dont stick your finger in my mouth either cause I'll bite you like Lance. My mom tried so i bit her. It was funny but I didnt laugh. My dad laughed for me.
I am still doing therapy even though we are in the good state of TEXAS. We are even going to do some therapy in the pool.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am a little rusty on my typing skills. I better go take a nap. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!! Hurry home...I miss you! Let me know if I need to scream at the airlines.
Love
Addison

ps-Good job on working out..you guys are going to be so buff when you get back.
pss-I like your aggie shirt in the pics JM. Press your ag ring on Lances Forehead. It makes a cool mark. My dad does it to me all the time.

Anonymous said...

Loved Tim's comment. Please be assured that I will help in any way that I can. So get on home y'all.

The Schmidt Family said...

My prayer is that God will direct susan to a flight soon! We love you and we're praying for you!

kym said...

hello
i know a little something about paying those high ticket prices.ha
don't let it get you down...it will all work out. it is sooooo amazing how much lance has changed just in the video and pics..WOW!he is such a cutie. it was great to talk to you on mothers day....i am blessed to share my 1st mothers day with such a great person.
love ya
kym

Melissa said...

Hey, I have been keeping up with you about every other day. You make an adorable family. Can't wait to see you back home safe & sound. You all are in our prayers. You're right, life won't be the same, but better!!! Love to all...Brent, Melissa, Breanna & Bethany