Quote of the Day:
I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. --Mother Teresa
Ha, I promise that we didn't hand pick that quote for today. We blindly pick one each day but some days they really hit the spot. The funny thing is that I started typing todays post before we had the quote so the next couple of sentences were already here. They seem to mesh well, though...
Well, it seems all of you were right. AGAIN, God is amazing. I think he does things like the plane tickets just to remind me of his awesome power. According to our travel agent, he has reserved tickets for us on the 25th!! We just have to pay an upgrade fee (that was supposedly impossible before) and a change of date fee. Which for what we were looking at spending that is no big deal. Now we need to call and buy little Lance's tickets. Whoo-hoo! Once again, I am really excited!
Oh, guess what?! Lance got a hair cut yesterday. It is pretty strange to compare his passport photo and his hair now. The front is a little too short for my taste, but not too bad. I don't know how he got it, though. ;o)
Last night we went to eat with the other couple from America again. It was nice to share stories and speak english for the entire conversation. A new couple arrived at the orphange from Italy today. They seem to be really nice, but we were not able to visit very long. Lance threw-up in the gym today without any warning and has not shown any signs of an upset stomach since then. Not really sure what to make of it, but we haven't made too big of a deal. Anyway, we decided to go out of the gym just to be safe and to make sure not to get anyone else worried.
JM chiming in. Just wanted to touch on some sports news. Opa, I saw Lefty pulled out the Players Championship...did Zach Johnson compete? I actually won the Western Open last week thanks to Chris leaving me his PSP and Tiger Woods PGA Golf game, ha. BTW Unc, I told Alex that you miss some things about Ukraine and he said, "You...Chris..welcome back." So we are here for another week if you want to swing back by...HA. Larry I heard you've got a wii? I'm very jealous...hope Brussels was good to you. I hope the Spurs can keep it going in the playoffs. I want to be able to see them win another championship when I get back. I don't know about my Astros though. Good thing the NL Central is weak because they could have already been out of contention. Oh well. Plenty of baseball left. Its going to be great to raise my boy to have loyalty to all of my teams. Ahhh. Alright, later.
Love you all,
Karen and JM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
PRAISE THE LORD! See, the tickets were there all along just waiting for you to find them. And little Lance's will be there also! Our Lord works in his own time when he sees that we are ready.
The new pictures are so cute, love the new hair cut. Chrystal has yet to cut Cadge's hair and he is almost 2! But, his blond curls are sooooo cute, and she knows a hair cut will make him grow up. Much as we try we can't keep ya'll babies forever...sigh!
Hugs and Kisses!
sent you an email, please read!
Nana Its 6:30am Wed
Hi Guys,
I've gone a little email crazy on your hotmail account, but thanks for the final good news. You know what they say about those doors and windows!
Thanks for the cute pictures! Lance has improved a lot since you have been there. It shows how much potential there is for those kids with a little bit of love and attention!
Lots of love and best wishes for a smooth finish....
Aunt Susan
Hi Karen, John Michael, and Lance!!
I'm so excited that God blessed you with plane tickets for the 25th.
Every time I read your updates, I'm encouraged by the way you see God working in each moment. You choose to make God more glorious than anything you could do on your own. You are setting aside your own comfort, work, ambition, free time, and home to serve God by adopting this beautiful little boy. It's the same way that Jesus gave up comfort, work, ambition, free time, and a home to adopt us as His children in His Kingdom. You are showing the strength of God by making Him more glorious than sleep and rest by spending extra time in the special needs room and by making sure to update us on the blog :)
This quote made me think of you today:
"Saints glorify God when their vertical joy in God overflows in horizontal love for eachother."
We can't wait to have you home soon!!
Kate
Prayer works! We certainly grow when God stretches us a little bit. I don't think that the "random" quote was coincidental either. I just love all of the wisdom that has been shared on your blog. You have some great friends too.
We are excited to know that your little family will soon be on the way home. I can't wait to get to know little Lance. Now we all need to pray for a smooth trip.
Lots of Love for all of you,
G'twn Mom
Hi there! Have to admit - I KNEW you would get onto the flight without too much trouble!!!
Just a suggestion.....I think you'll be glad if you do it....try to get someone over there to take some photos of the THREE of you together!!! It's great (and rare!) to have some complete family pics!!!
The photos you've posted are sooo cute! I really like the one of JM and Lance walking hand in hand - and MOSTLY the one of Karen and Lance - pic of the MONTH - let alone the day!!
Hope the rest of your stay goes well - you're on the downhill now - just over a week before you head home!!
Lotsalove and STILL HOPING to see you all in September!!
Cheryl
Hello Hairston Family
It is great to see Lance is doing so well. Can not hardly wait to get my hands on my fourth grand son. Glad that the ticket problem worked itself out. It is amazing what will happen when you turn problems over to GOD.
Talked to a old friend today and he wished ya'll well. O, forgot to tell you his name, I call him (Chopper) you call him J.D.
Astros have found a keeper in Pence.
Love ya'll
The Old Man
Howdy! I am happy to hear you got your tix home (but I WAS planning on visiting again if you had to stay much longer). I will actually be in Fayetteville this weekend, but I'll try to make it back that way again once you guys get home. I am still working on a new way to call you, and it could happen any day now. Talk to you soon.
BTW tell Alex & Olga I've got a place for them to stay, and a long list of stuff for them to do here.
just lurking..
Post a Comment