"Love and Kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver."
Day 12
This has got to be sounding like a broken record but I guess we should just assume that everyday we will experience something new with Lance Ivan these days. We were there today for the first time when he took a nap. Guess we just wore him down over the last two days. He slept very well. Before his nap however we did witness a big out cry....kinda fussy. We did get a few looks. We also picked up some baby foods for him at the store. More new foods being introduced with no problem. And I finally found some jelly...strawberry and p.b. sandwiches are great.
Something that has come to our attention is the Ukraine culture towards children. We think it is more common place for children to be seen and not heard so much. I think it depends on the individual person as to what their true feelings are.
Aunt Judy E - We have pics of the orphanage and caregivers so we'll get some up at some point. Thank you for your interest. Lance Ivan is usually fed with a big spoon kinda shoved in his mouth and then something to drink at the end. It depends...Amanda and Kym could provide more insight here.
Yes, I was wrong about Anna being from Spain. She is most definitely from Peru. Unc got me. To recap the families that are here with us. Spain(Madrid), Peru, Ukraine, and Tel Aviv all being represented now.
DirtyAg, thanks for reminding me about college football. I bet with a new child that time will go by in no time. And maybe we might actually have a few players worthy of getting drafted next year?! I could care less just as long as we keep beating the sips!
Thanks to all once again. So long. And dobray utra or dobray noche depending on where you are at!
JM and Karen
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
here are some leftover pictures...
http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/cleffo20/ukraine/?action=view¤t=1178109850.pbw
enjoy.
hey all. checking in to let you know we love and appreciate you. It sounds like there are a lot of fun things happenin with that boy. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
It just touches my heart to see how things are progressing. He is one precious little boy. He just doesn't know what a lucky little boy he is! We love you guys and are rejoicing with you. God is good and faithful.
G'town Mom (and Oma)
...well, i guess that link doesn't work. sorry. i'll try to email it.
UNC, copy and paste worked for me.
hey you guys! Sorry I have not posted for a while - had a hectic long weekend here!! Just got all caught up and all I can say is how wonderful all is going for you!! So happy that you are getting so many great FIRSTS and that Lance Ivan is doing so incredibly well. It's amazing how quickly he is progressing - but you know that already!!
So - I'll just tell you - I am thinking about you guys and love you stax!!!
Cheryl xxx
What, no hot dogs?! (Tim's line)Are were you saving the wurst for last?
Looking forward to seeing Lance in person. And for that matter, the whole new family.
Was Lance saying "more"? I couldn't hear.
Love you guys and proud of you.
Opa
Cool! Nanas and sign language!!! We are not bored with the everyday news. Its is exciting to see the baby steps. We love you and miss you.
Spoke to Michal Hawkins. She is planning a trip to Israel (speaking of Tel Aviv) this summmer. Thought you might want to know!!!
Love, Susan
Hey Guys remember me, Munchkin...man oh man is it hard to stay awake this late. Sorry I haven't written in so long but I think about you guys everyday! Karen, I am working really hard and making more and more sounds thanks to Amy. We are still working on my english so thanks JM for all the translations. I am also entertaining the idea of pushing through with my legs thanks to Caroline! I better go to bed. I loved all the pictures and the video. Miss you tons!!
Love
Addison
p.s. Somebody get my friend Lance and Aggie shirt and hat!!
hello hairstons
we misssssssssss you in arkansas... i even miss seeing those silly aggie shirts and hats..hee hee
lance is such a smarty .. i am so excited for you guys and the signing is so great.
yes the kiddos (at lest the ones in the special needs room) were fed with large metal spoons... they looked like serving spoons....myrah could not even fit it in her mouth, the food was sort of poured in. and then at the end of eating (only at the end) myrah was given a few sucks on a bottle with a large hole cut in the end.
i love to see lance feeding himself.. that is soooo great.
talk to you soon!
kym
Post a Comment