Quote of the Day:
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty adn you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,....The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.
-Mathew 25:35,40
I will have to be quick because Lance is sleeping and we will have to go soon. But we wanted to announce that we are officially the proud parents of Lance Ivan Hairston!!! We are naturally happy about this. Court was scheduled for 9:00AM this morning and ended up being postponed until 11:30. We "passed" :o) and were then told that we would have a 11 day "10 day" wait period because it ends on a Sunday. The law here is that if the 10 day period ends on any day off of work it automatically is moved to the next working day. That was not what we wanted to hear since in our eyes there is no reason, but once we calmed down a little we realized that it only adds one more day. It looks as though we will be moving our plane tickets to May 25th to allow for enough time for paperwork in Kiev. That, of course, is dependent upon there being three spots open on the flights that day. Please keep this in your prayers. We are very excited about our new step today and will be celebrating tonight...I plan lots of junk food. :o) We have to demonstrate our maturity as parents now. hee hee! I think that Lance maybe senses the difference in a way. He is very cuddly today and comes when we call his name much more often. It is probably all in my head. I better run. We might get to write back later, but please don't get upset if we do not. Thanks!!
Love ya,
Karen and JM
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



24 comments:
Congratulations!!!! All of your time and efforts have paid off 10 fold. Now just give it a little more time and you'll have little Lance Ivan in Texas. I think his first word needs to be Yall.
Good luck with everything else!
-Andrea
CONGRATULATIONS FROM TEXAS!!! The"labor" is over and the child is "born". The best is yet to come! I'm so excited I can hardly type! Blake said to tell ya'll hello and they will be praying for a safe return for ya'll. Mee maw got a chance to view videos and she is very proud of the two of you and now her newest great-grandson! We love you three very much!
HUGS AND KISSES!!!
NANA AND PA
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am sooooo happy for you! I can identify with your joy - when we got the news from the court case with Christy - I just burst into tears!! Such a relief that we were able to go and fetch her from the home immediately and take her home! Glad that you are able to see a light at the end now - and able to book your return flights home! Lance is just going to blossom amazingly - can't wait to see his progress in the months to come!! Lots of Love Cheryl
CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so excited for you guys!! I know you still have a few days there, but now the time will just fly by. What an awesome feeling you two must have. we can see the smiles all the way from here. But guys, he really looks like a hog fan not so much an aggie. hum, i think he needs a hog hat!!
Woooohoooooo!!!!!! On behalf of everyone here in California-CONGRATS! I bet Lance CAN sense the change. Kids are amazing in that way (and in a few more ways as well). Hug him tight! And give him a kiss from his Aunt Judy, Uncle Timbo, and cousins Alexis and Macy! We love you!
Yeeeeeee..hah!
That's the biggest step yet. I know that you are smiling, but I sense a whole lot of smiling going on as people (from all over I might add) type their comments. We are sooooooo
thrilled. That extra day may just hold a special blessing too.
If there is conflict, we could always make him a Red Raider. :0)
Go Tech!
Lots of love, G'town Mom
PTL! & Congratulations! Train him up in the ways that he should go and when he is old, he should not depart from them[and will play golf and fly fish with his Opa.:)]
It feels good to have another man in the family, huh Larry, Tim and JM?
Can't wait to see ya, partner. How do you say "Buckaroo" in Russian, anyway?
Love you guys!
Opa
After all that Texas talk-I feel I should say something Cali-like. I know, huh? ;)Had to add...I love the pigging out to celebrate idea! Isn't eating fun? What you really need is an In-and-Out Burger and a milkshake-yum! JM-put your tongue back in :)Love you guys!-
Judy
LANCE...what a great name. Good choice! With all the talk of food, I can't wait to share some good ole Texas Blue Bell ice cream with my Grandson. What I can't decide, is if that should be before or after (or both)a grilled Texas steak. Decisions, decisions.
Hoorraayy!!! That is awesome! I just know you guys are beaming and pouring over with joy! Congratulations on officially becoming Mom & Dad. BTW... Happy Happy 1st Mother's Day to you Karen! Love you guys! Angie
Let me be the 1st,(ok the 9th) to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! But at least I beat Tim. Ha! Being a parent is the best thing in the world and now you will get to experience a gift from God! PARENTHOOD!!!!! Take care and God bless your little family.
Uncle Larry
What an amazing day for all 3 of you.
Lance has gone from having little to having so much!!!
* Unconditional love of so many
* The certainty of being brought up to know his Maker
* A mother to be an example of God's loving kindness, mercy, and nurturing spirit
* A father to be an example of God's strength, wisdom, and courage
* The chance to play catch in the yard, read books before bed, wrestle with the dogs in the living room, go to school, go to church, go to Children's Therapy Team :)
* And he has a name...Hairston...a name that goes beyond him and the little room that used to be his universe and connects him to a fellowship of people that care more for him than he may ever know
Mark 10
He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
Lord, hurry the day when Lance can hear your voice.
Hey! Can you believe Larry read the blog before I did today? Happy Mother's Day early...what a great way to celebrate! Congratulations John Michael and Karen! You're an official mommy and daddy!
By the way, I'm in Tennesee, but I'm still rooting for a little Aggie and will have to clothe him appropriately:0) There are so many future memories to build. We are excited to have cutie patootie in the family...and yes, I'm talking about Lance!
Quote of the day: (via Larry)
"The nearest thing to heaven is a child."--The Oakridge Boys
Good to have a date of your homecoming on the calendar!
Love, Aunt Susan, Uncle Larry, Julia, Amber Kate and tummy tickler
Ok...why am I crying?? I am such a sap! Anyway...I am so happy for ya'll. Congrats! and Happy Mother's Day early...can you believe it....You're a MOMMY!!!!
amanda f
John Michael, Karen, and Lance Hairston...that sounds good! I am so happy for you all! CONGRATULATIONS! What a great Mother's Day gift? Do you think Lance is prepared for all the hugs and kisses he will be getting at the clinic? We can pay him with goldfish, animal crackers, you name it...we can get it.
We miss you!
Cindy
What a great Mother's Day gift!!!!
I ended it with a ? sorry...a little delirious these days.
Cindy
So thrilled for you three! Congratulations! You'll be in my prayers for a quick 11 days. What an amazing life Lance Ivan will have with you two...he is so blessed. Happy Mother's Day, Karen!
In Christ,
Dianne Bailey
Congratulations from the White House ;o) Like everyone else has said, what a perfect Mother's Day present! Now the fun begins!
Love, Chrystal, Chris, Clay, Colt, and Cadge
PS-The boys are glad the judge thought y'all would be good parents & get to "have" Lance lol
JM, Karen & Lance,
I am so happy for the three of you!!! Lance is a very blessed boy to have you two for parents. What a wonderful Mother's Day present. CONGRATULATIONS on your bundle of joy!!! Try not to pig out too much :-)
Take care & God Bless you all,
Alison E.
Ross and I are filled with joy right now for you. We are really looking forward to welcoming you home. We are so thankful that God has given you Lance and given Lance to you. What a cute little family you are!
We are excited to show Lance that the slides in the United States are not death traps. :)
CONGRATS! It's been a long time coming, but all of your patience has paid off. Can't wait to start the TAMU vs. TTU "little rivalry" between Lance & Peityn.
Congrats!!! We can't wait to see you home again.
Congratulations!! I am so happy for all three of you. Lance is so lucky to have been "given" such loving people to be his parents.
Happy Mother's Day, Karen.
Take care,
Ann Brantley
Congratulations for DEEP SOUTH TEXAS! Man am I glad that others said congratulations first. Otherwise I wouldn't have known how to spell it. Then JM would have made fun of me, and then would begin one of our miniwars that we have. HA HA! I am glad that the time has finally come for Y'all. You two have waited so long for this, as well as all of us that support Y'all! I Have A New Nephew! That is awesome! I can't wait to me the newest addition to the Hairston-Lance Families. WE LOVE YALL!
Love Blake, Chrissy, JR., and Alyson
So I haven't messaged sooner, but we have a slight problem with lack of internet at the house. I'm actually in a public library right now. HA! Who would have thought that I would actually go to a library! WE LOVE Y'ALL!
Post a Comment