Thursday, May 3, 2007

The More Amandas the Better

Ugh....we forgot the quote this morning. Please feel free to post your own. We will get one when we return to the room.

The biggest thing to report is that we couldn't get our paperwork yesterday. Alex will get it today and hopefully we can get everything together and have court Tuesday before the Wednesday holiday. I'm not trying to pay attention to the days left so hopefully it will "feel" shorter that way.
For those of you interested in pics of the orphanage (Aunt Judy E) we will take some shots today and get them up soon. I ones we do have already aren't that great. Last night was cool because we went to eat at DaVinci with the couple from Spain. Its helping to share stories and concerns with another couple going through the same process as us. Amanda, I told them about you and Jimmy...Karen says she's sorry she couldn't talk longer. We'll catch ya again.
Since I brought up Amanda let me touch on this people named Amanda gang-posting. Crazy huh. Looks like ya'll will have to specify from now on. Ha. Unless Amanda C talks about Ukraine kids then we know its Amanda C! Cameron Amanda, what is up!? I haven't been called Mickey J in a while. Wonderful to hear from you. Hope you and family are all doing well. We'll shoot you an email sometime. So that leaves the first Amanda. That would be Amanda F correct? Great to hear from all of you.
So once again not a ton of new stuff to report on Lance Ivan. A lot of the same activities yesterday with a ~2 hour nap. We didn't get out yesterday so no walk outside and its cloudy and cold again so probably negative on the walk today too. Just more and more time spent with him is great. I can't imagine what is going through his head though.
-Larry, nice to hear from ya bro. I was so worried about Chris not getting first class. I mean it would have just been torture for him....HA. YEAH RIGHT!! Cool for Unc but I wouldn't have felt sorry for you if you didn't get it....yes, I'm jealous.
-Oma/Opa, are there any more funny dog stories?

Here's to another great day in Ukraine! Dasvidanyah!

7 comments:

Aunt Chrystal said...

Just wanted to say hi and that we're still thinking about and praying for y'all.

Susan Briggs said...

Today is our 5 year anniversary! Can you believe it? 5 years and 2 3/4 girls! Whew! It is our nephew Barrett's birthday, so we will be spending it at Chuck E. Cheese. It is very romantic! Hopefully we will try out The Melting Pot whenever Larry gets back from his next few reserve days in New York or wherever!

How has your exercise program been going? That will keep any boredom from setting in...but it sounds like you guys have kept pretty busy! You are always in our prayers and we continue to pray for a smooth process and some touched hearts in the orphanage...both in children and workers.

-"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better." Mother Teresa

Love, Aunt Susan

Amanda Clark said...

Hopefully your paperwork was finished today, that would be great news! You might "offically" be parents by the end of next week! You're already there in my book though : )

Amanda "C"

Unknown said...

Hi! We've been checking up on you guys periodically and enjoying reading about your adventure. Our pastor and his wife adopted 3 kiddos from Russia about 8 years ago, so I've been keeping them updated on your goings-on too. Hang in there! You'll have your son back home with you before you know it. We hope to be able to see ALL of you soon! Love, Sara, Clint, Clare & Gus Hawkins

Anonymous said...

Feeling compelled to offer a quote/inspiration-

Dance while you can...
I will quiet my soul...
silence the noise in my head and heart...
and ask myself what I really want out of life.

Just put my 2 angels down to sleep-wow, Karen and JM, you should see them-they are so precious. I feel such great pride when they go to sleep happy, warm, healthy, and with full tummies. What you are doing for Lance is such an incredible gift. You are giving this little child a chance to thrive and be loved-wow. A chance on life.

Alexis was having a conversation with Allan a couple of mornings ago about wearing her sweater. She was telling him that she didn't want to wear it because it was scratchy. He said, "well, I am just afraid you are going to get cold." And she replied with, "well, I am just afraid I am going to get scratched." She cracks me up!

Macy ADORES her big sister-she smiles when she comes in the room and cries when she is out of her visual field. I love that we could give them both the gift of a sister.

I love you, Karen (and JM and Lance). By the way-I must know what bronzer you are wearing these days-ha!

love,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I've been suffering haps withdrawals. I made it back this far, but it might be a few days before I can get back to a computer. I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for all three of you guys, and I, like everyone else, am looking forward to seeing you back home as soon as possible.

Karen, you are considered a hero in the state of North Carolina. I am really proud of you.

Lance, the world is a pretty incredible place. Welcome, don't freak out.

JM, stay black.

FosterFam said...

Just thought I should post...I mean, you wrote this one just for me, right?? HA

Hope everything keeps moving quickly!!

Amanda F