-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Day 10 Visit 26
I thought today's quote was kinda ironic. I had said at the begininng of this trip that I felt like the path had be beaten and we had an easy trail to follow. Jimmy& Amanda and Kevin & Kym have already been here, done this and provided an easier path for us. This quote relates more to you guys. Thank you so much. Spasiba balshoye! And Susan I really liked the Rodney Dangerfield quote today too...very funny.
As you will see in the pics yesterday was a day of firsts! He did "sign" for more (intentionally) and he was feeding himself with a plastic spoon!!...not to mention Karen. Yogurt is officially on the "I like'em list" and banana is at the top of the list I think. He also was making many more sounds and more often. I'm glad he is keeping us amused....And you!! Ha.
Today is rainy and cold so I guess we'll probably be inside once again. We are really praying for another sunny day soon. So what about these bunnies in our dog house!!?? How crazy is that? Jennifer, you guys do what you will with them. Feed'em or whatever. We won't have the dogs for awhile maybe so we can deal with them once we get back...if they are still there. Unc, glad to see you are making your travels safely and already posting. You are now a haps junkie. Don't worry I'm practicing all my shots! ;) Susan and her German. Ah. Hey, we talked to a Spainard who is adopting from Antoshka. He plays the banjo, loves John Denver, and wants to visit Nashville like crazy. We told him you would be more than willing to accomodate!! Ha ha. I think Larry would like him very much. More than the girl he is adopting so far anyways. Ha. Tim, I always love your comments. You've been steady and always lighten up the blog. Can't wait for Lance to pick up plenty of bad habits from his Uncle's!!
Alright, guess that is it today. I've grown weary of this computer lab....many hiccups today. And when you have computer problems it is hard to translate them. Till next time!!
John Michael and Karen
P.S. We have discovered all the clothes we brought our too big! Ugh. Bittersweet I guess. Oh well, we will make due!



10 comments:
Its Tuesday morning 6:30am as I read and write. We watched an interesting show yesterday afternoon on how they make yogurt. Was very interesting! So glad Lance is enjoying it as much as the bananas! Did you enjoy your share, Karen? hahaha!
Glad that ya'll got a chance to see some of the country, it looks lovely! Are ya'll getting pictures of the front of where Lance has lived most of his life and the hospital...he may want to see those places somewhere in his life...sorry the mom came out of me here! I'm sure ya'll have already thought of that. Keep those pictures coming, is it just me or has he grown since ya'll have been there? He sure is opening up! Can't wait to see him in person!
Hugs and Kisses to ya'll and Lance!
Nana and Pa
Maybe the clothes will fit him next year? At the rate he will be growing,they'll probably fit him in August. Everyone needs winter clothes in August, right?
I loved the yogurt pictures. That may be the next hot beauty treatment. Looks like Lance has a good grip on that spoon. What has he been eating with? Or have they been feeding him?
I would love to see some pics of the orphanage and his caregivers too.
Thanks for sharing this great adventure with all of us. We love you guys and are very proud of you. Tante Judy
I LOVE the picture of him with his hands behind his back. Better get used to that look...you know, the one that says "no Mommy/Daddy, I didn't do it"!!! And after seeing the yougurt pics, I can't wait for you to give that boy some spaghetti! That's a fun one ;o)
Ugh! Sorry the clothes didn't fit. I'll go shopping today ;0) Wish there was some way to send more to you, but they probably wouldn't get there in time. Would they?
We love y'all so much & can't wait to have y'all back home.
PS-Clay & Colt are here with me...
Clay says: We love you & miss you.
Colt says: I miss you very much. I wish you could come back, and I hope you have enough money to get your baby (lol)!
Later!
I came across this just now and thought of you guys!
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
I can just tell from your writings that you are trusting in God and that He the source of your joy and peace. Your family is a source of light for so many people!! We miss you!
Tell Lance I want to play in the ball pit with him when he comes to the clinic. :)
Love,
Kate
hey guys, the new pics are great. it's amazing to see how far he's come. give him a bana from unk, and take care of victor too.
IMPORTANT NOTE: watch out for those banjo toting spaniards, i'm serious.
ps: anna is from PERU. she might be offended if you got that wrong. take it easy.
Great pictures! Loved the one with Vova and his machina and babushka Karen : )
Lance looks great. That is one adorable kid you have there, of course, we already knew that. He looks like he has personality just waiting to burst out. It is going to be so much fun to get to see him grow up.
All the Clark Ukie's say hi!
Amanda
I couldn't go to bed without checking THE BLOG. It's so much fun! Hey Karen, head scarves are kind of trendy around here right now. You are the latest thing!
Uh...about the Spaniard..banjo toting, did you say? How about we skip him coming to Nashville and you guys come instead...and STAY! I realize I might be competing with all your other friends and family spread out across the states, but hey...Vanderbilt Children's Hospital! :0) By the way, talked to Chris today and promised him your number, but didn't get it emailed til late. He will probably call you tomorrow!
I vote with Chrystal on the cute hands behind the back pose...ganz lieb! I'm also interested in the orphanage shots, any shots really. We can so some serious scrapbooking! He is learning so much (spoon-sloshing)..it must be thrilling for you guys. Amber Kate makes messes like those and I'm not sure what her excuse is. We love her all the same. That is what I tell Uncle Tim all the time, crazy guy. Is the hat Lance is wearing orange and blue...Larry would be all over that. He is currently in London...so a little bit closer to you!
Much love, Susan
P.S. Quote: A baby (child) will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.--Anonymous
Whad up,
First off, that is cute little sucker. I'm talking about Lance not JMH, tho' I'm sure he's cute is his own way too.
I like the pics from the contryside as well. That's a huge statue, very USSR-like. Looked like a proud worker-class socialist defending the collective against the onslaught of the facist nazi-types. I'd love to get to go see that type stuff someday.
I may be reading a lot into that statue, but hey, I've been known to jump to conclusions from time to time.
I'm sure that you guys at some time might be starting to wear down, but remember that college football season is only 4 months away.
On a last note, I take offense to someone saying to watch out for banjo-playing Spaniards. I'm half banjo-playing Spaniard on my father's side.
Peace
DirtyAg
lance my boy, a doctor once told me if we eat too many carrots that our skin will turn orange. sooo, i am wondering if you are going to turn yellow??? hmmm? just a thought.
~uncle tim
Hi, Karen, John Michael & Lance!
Have just found your blog (thanks to John Michael's myspace page) and have been reading all the back entries as of late. Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us! I know that you're having the time of your lives.
Congratulations to you all. You are doing such an amazing thing. You will both be such great parents - Wait! you already are great parents!
I'll continue to check up on you and will try and comment regularly (don't want to be one of those "creepers" out there...that is what you call them, right?). Take care & God bless you all!
Dianne (Bailey)
Post a Comment