Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Preparing for Court


Quote of the Day:
"God sets the lonely in families."
-Psalm 68:6

Hello everyone!
I know that we messed up the posting schedule today. I really didn't have a chance to get in here until now (10:08PM) but I really can't tell you why. I don't remember being very busy with any particular thing. ha! Oh well. There is a little competition for the computer, too. I can't complain when I am not paying, huh? I think sometimes John Michael and I feel bad posting when we really do not have anything new to add. It seems maybe some of you are feeling the same way because the return comments seem to be dwindling. ;O) No really, I understand. Sometimes you begin to feel like a broken record. We really love hearing from you, though, and we think you feel the same so we really try to write at least something to say we are still alive and kicking.

Today, we have noticed that Lance seems to be getting used to the feeding routine and hopefully beginning to realize we are not going to let him go hungry. (Although other families may not think so since he tried to steal another child's food today.) He still became a little upset at the end of meal time, but nothing like previously. As JM said yesterday we are beginning to have naps around 1:45 now instead of 4-6. Whew! I didn't plan on that changing so quickly, but I knew that was going to have to change eventually. God continues to bless us in many (even the smallest) ways. I can't say that I am not ready to be home, but our trip has been exceptionally good so far. Lance has begun to show more interest in me and JM in particular. I know that he has been playing and all, but even now he will do that with a lot of people if they are around long enough. Today he saw me walk in the room and stood up and walked to me with determination. It was a heartwarming experience. I just can't wait for that relationship to blossom even further. Let's see, any new skills today?...oh he is now trying to put his bib on by himself when he comes across it. ha! We live for food at this point.

It was a beautiful morning today for our run. We had great plans to take Lance outside to play, but within 45 minutes the entire sky was filled with clouds once again. It did actually produce some good rain atleast this afternoon. Tonight we went out with Olga and Alex to DaVinci again. Alex has been spoiling us my making dinner every night so we wanted to treat them. Unfortunately, we don't know what to cook here, so going out was our best option. It was nice and we ran into the family from Isreal while we were there.

Tomorrow is the big day. I have not been nervous until tonight. Olga started to mention all the questions that the Judge will ask and we need to be able to answer. Eeek! I'm sure it will be fine, but it still makes me a tad nervous. So, it sounds like we will not be able to see Lance tomorrow. Atleast we will be knocking down one more step...a pretty big one at that. I better wrap this up so I can get my beauty sleep. ha! Kym, I am sure you are laughing since it is so early!

Tidbits:
-Atleigh, it was really nice to hear from you. Congrats on the 7.5 min!!! That is awesome! I can not wait to see it. In fact, I was starting to get concerned that I had not heard from you. Keep up the good work. How is the rolling coming?
-Mom and Dad, it was nice to hear from you today. I can't believe I didn't put the phone up to Lance's ear for you guys to see if he responded. Sorry.
-Kym, Kevin, Amanda, and Jimmie, I was able to see Natasha today. She is darling!
-Everyone else, I say it every time, but you don't understand how much your encouragement means to us!

Love you guys!
Karen and JM



These are two of the rascals being adopted. Victor going to Peru and Olivia will be going to Spain.



One of the many children here waiting to be taken home. She is precious and actually has a twin.



This is our Fussy Face when we think our meal is finished. Little did he know it was not yet complete.


Hmmm...is this my bib? Maybe if I put it on I will trick them into feeding me again!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! A verse popped into my head while I was reading your post so I thought I'd share it with you.

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid: do not be discouraged, for God is with you wherever you go.

Chillax cuz.

Anonymous said...

Most things we worry about never happen. You will do fine! You are smarter than the average bear. We are proud of you guys. I was good to hear your voice today. I am ready to see you three. Kay went to play bunko tonight and Rookie is looking out the window for her. The dogs think Kay is tops. (She is you know.) They are good judges of people. I look forward to the report of your success in Court. Tell em Judge Lance said howdy.

MAMASBROSKI said...

Hi Guys, its the little things that we enjoy hearing about! Don't every worry about boring us, you don't! We want to hear every little detail.

Today was exciting at MeeMaws, her hot water heater busted and she called me at work looking for Dad, I hurried over to find water pouring out the back door from her bathroom thru the den! Dad was on his way from Rockdale and was in Minerva, he made it there in record time. Papa put the HWH in a closet by the sink in the back bathroom. You can hardly open the door, I had to finally take it off the hinges. But it is off and Meemaw is spending the night with us, can you believe it? We have dehudmidifers going and the insurance agent has been there and taken pictures. Looks like there will be a new floor in there next time ya'll come. Chrystal and family and meemae are here for hamburgers, Dad just took them off the grill..so need to go! Wish ya'll were here! Soon though!

Let your heart be your guide, you have the answers there. You already know the answers the court may ask! We love you very much!
Hugs and Kisses Nana

Angie Cleary said...

Hi Karen, JM & Lance-
I would be nervous too, completely normal though i would think. You guys will do great. I miss you around the clinic it's not the same. I heard Amanda W say "Ian" in a sing song voice and for a split second I thought---Karen!! I dont post a whole lot but believe me, I am your number one lurker as JM says! He, He! I love seeing pictures of you all. Lance is darling. I log on every day to see what is new (when im not busy passing kidney stones..ugghhh!) Seems to finally be getting better though. How cool you are staying with Olga!!! That is great!
Miss you all!
Love- Angie

Anonymous said...

karen and john michael,

You guys will breeze through court with flying colors, and in a few hours it will be official!! My grandfather always told me that "nerves are good, it means you care enough about something to put forth your full effort." Can't wait to hear how it went

Anonymous said...

lance my boy, your parents will do fine in court tomorrow, i can just feel it. and your opa is right, most things worried about do not happen; we simply let issues take up space in our head rent free. my expiriences have proven the same. that opa dude is a wissssssssse man you know my boy. trust me on this.

on another topic, where is waldo?...i mean uncle larry. he has been absent here as of late. bet he shows up now that we are talking about him.. we will see.

until tomorrow lance, sleep tight.
(or as i have heard recently: Chillax! ha)

~uncle timbo

Ross and Kate said...

JM & Karen

I (Ross) got caught up tonight on the haps.

Let the words below from the Lord be an encouragement as you go before the judge.

Know in your hearts with confidence that Jesus has been given authority in heaven and on earth. That Ukrainian judge is under the Lord's will.

We can't wait to hear how the Lord strengthens you and gives you words to say.

Ross & Kate

Luke 12:11-12
When you are brought before...rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.

Amanda Clark said...

Court tomorrow yeah!!! It is all downhill from here. Just have to ride it out.

Natasha looks good. She is getting big. Can't wait to hear more about her.

Lena is starting to show her colors for Alisa : ) She did stand against the wall for 30 seconds today though - not bad!

Amanda C.

Susan Briggs said...

Hey Guys,

I was beginning to feel like I was taking up all your blog space. But I know how very much it means to you to hear from home when you are away. Everything you say is of interest here!

Coming from the queen of worriers, my all time favorite verse is still Matthew 6:27 (actually 6:25-34): Who of you by worrying can add one single hour to his life?) It is amazing how much can be accomplished by simply taking a deep breath and realizing this path has been tread a thousand times before...it is just a little stranger being in court in a totally different language! You will be fine. It sounds like Olga has been a fine prepper.
Julia and Amber Kate have been playing out on the slip n'slide this afternoon. It actually got pretty warm! Do you remember playing on those?
By the way, I cry when I don't get to eat too. :o)

Love you much, Sister Suz

P.S. Larry has promised to post, he's been lurking!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I am thinking about the 2 of you! I know everything will be fine-God has brought you this far and will be with you to the end. Please know that we do not get bored hearing all the details. Quite the opposite...I get upset when you haven't posted anythng new! Anyway-we love you-can't wait to hear how court went for you.
love,
Judy

Larry Briggs said...

Hey guys, mistakenly posted on yesterday's blog so read that as well. Listen to uncle Tim about court. He spent time there in his youhful days. Ha! But take advice from Opa ,who was on the other side of the bench. You both will do great. Looking forward to seeing you all. God bless your little family!
uncle Larry

Anonymous said...

If anybody can make it through this with flying colors, you two can. I know that, by now, you have already had your court hearing. That is exciting to me because it means that you will be "bonifide" and will be coming home soon. Consider that God has allowed you to have many "character building" experiences that will last a lifetime. All time spans in light of eternity are fleeting!

We love you all, Mom, Kay, Oma...