The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. --Richard Bach
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, an success achieved.
--Helen Keller
Days 17 & 18
As some may have noticed, we sometimes get our spirits down a little and it shows in our posts. Yesterday I got kinda bummed talking and thinking about the process and the wait. However, as it always goes we have our "ups" with our "downs."
We learned that Anna is very close to finishing her process so we asked her to join us for dinner somewhere. The Spainish couple (Carlos and Coral) also joined us at the pizza place that none of the three had been to yet. With all the English/Spanish/Russian speaking and us communicating with the staff, we had a great time. Carlos is especially very animated and not afraid to embarrass himself. We had invited the couple from Israel but "hello" the whole "can't eat any foods made with animal products" belief came into play. Our family has been spending more time with their families in the gym recently also. Everyone is comfortable and we share many things from our cultures with one another. It is a very broadening experience. To recap...Carlos and Coral from Spain adopting Olivia, Anna from Peru adopting crazy Victor, and Michael and Judith from Israel adopting Elielle(spelling?). All of whom speak really good English...the universal language between us all. BTW Kay and Mom...Anna is a Spanish/French translator. Interesting tidbit.
Then, I get back on here and reread some comments and read the new ones and "BAM" I'm back in great spirits regardless that little has changed...except the weather. Cloudy and drizzly once again. I won't trade it for tornadoes however.
I say things like this all the time..."You always have a greater appreciation for the good things in life when you experience the bad." Like waiting 6 years to beat t.u.(WHOOP!), 3 years to finish P.T. school, or 4-6 weeks to be blessed with a son! I have to believe that Boston Red Sox fans have more appreciation for their '05 world series championship than any other fans do for theirs. OK, off of sports.
Preserverance and endurance?.....most definitely! I love those attributes and to hear someone(Kate) say we are examples of those it makes me feel very appreciative and blessed that God is using us in this way. We keep patience and belief in God using Olga and tinkering the powers that be, and we will be fine. We have court Thursday at 9 a.m. and are getting other appointments lined up for afterwards. After Thursday we will switch our departure dates and purchase a ticket for Lance. We will have a clearer picture of "WHEN" after court!
Yesterday was a good day for Lance. Tantrums have subsided and his naps are coming earlier in the day. Maybe getting into a routine?...or Karen has the magic touch! Either way I'm good with it. To clear the waters (something I'm not use to doing...;)Unc) Lance has been fed warm soup-type dishes his whole life. When we fed him room temperature and cold foods he accepted them well. Then we had a warm dish and cold dish together and that is when things went bad. Guess he had a flashback and panicked. All is well now however. He likes all temperatures. Textures and tastes are the issues and will continue to be, probably. We are still working on sounds and still swinging. As always, thanks for the encouragement. Till next time.
Oh, Susan, thanks for the extra nudge in the direction of exercise. I think it was enough to send me into a "I HAVE to do something!" We have run the last two days and plan on continuing. Please keep up the encouragment/motivation so that we are held accountable.
Jennifer, Lance is wearing about 18 months. Some are still a little big, but probably not for long. :o)
JM and Karen.......sorry this is a novel. Ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Well, its 6:30am Tuesday as I write this. Sometimes from afar encouragement comes. And it crosses the ocean both ways! Thank you! Let you heart be your guide because that is where our Lord speaks to us. With his guidance in his time all will work out and you three will be here before you realize it!
Wonderful to hear about the Thursday court date! We are keeping you all in our daily prayers!
Hugs and Kisses for our beautiful new grandson to be.....
Love Nana and Pa
hello karen and jm
atleigh was wondering if the tobasco sauce was all gone yet? ha
she also stood for an amazing 7.5 minutes... hoorraaaaay! we miss you and want you to come home soon. atleigh is trying to double her record by the time you come home.. whoooeee. she wants to babysit little lance when you get home.
bye bye
kym and atleigh
"my favorite view is my front pourch lookn' in"
(i know, not one of the most elegant quotes of the day, but one that is meaningful to me. and your fault jm, you have me so hooked on itunes now, that i'm over in the county music section now! ha)
naps and tandtrums.... welcome to parenthood. you gotta love 'em!
~uncle tim
That Helen Keller--did she really come up with so many great quotes? I guess she was living proof of endurance through trial!
Thursday will be a big day! Perhaps then a welcome home shower can be planned and somebody oer Arkansas way can share the info with Aunt Susan and maybe, maybe I will be able to make my way over there!!!!
Love you guys lots! Suz
Hey guys, I'm glad to see you are hanging out with the other families. Tell the ones I know hi from me. This process has been a long one, and in the big adoption picture you are almost there. Just think of how far you've already come. I am very proud of all of you (even jm). We all look forward to you posts every day, so keep 'em coming!
- btw I did finally make it home yesterday (mon), thanks for thinking of me.
Hi guys,
Glad to hear y'all have bonded with some of the other adoptive parents. Do you think y'all will keep in touch? That would be neat I think.
Hope today was another good one...wait, I'm writing this at night so your day hasn't begun...hope today IS a good one lol.
I started my day with cleaning a poopy puppy crate & blowing out my clothes dryer and it was downhill from there. The good news is today is almost over & tomorrow is another day!! Woo hoo!
Okay, we luv y'all. Can't wait til Thursday. Come home soon & all that other mushy stuff :o)
um...you only had to wait 4 to 6 weeks for your son?! I had to wait 40 weeks for both of my girls-hardly seems fair!? :)
So Lance wears size 18 months? Well, he isn't that small-Alexis also wears 18 to 24 months still! He will fit right in 'you know, since our family is so large and all' :)-well, the Hairston side is a little different story-but if he remains small he will have PLENTY of company from the Lance clan.
Hang in there, guys. What a great experience this is for the both of you. We all love you very much and look forward to knowing when that plane ticket will be booked!
love,
Judy
hi karen and jm
my rolling has been coming along but, it is still hard for me to get my legs over to my left side by my self. ijust wondered if the tabasco sauce is gone yet? i miss you and wait to see you when you get home.
Atleigh
ps i have some pretty gross facts about the human body that I could share with you if you would like to hear some. Let me know if you would like some entertainment.
This is mom, I hope all is well and we look forward to your return with your bundle of joy.....
Have you guys enjoyed your quotes each day?
Good Night or good day whichever it may be......
Sandy
I wish I could be there with you guys and join you in a run, hug on little Lance, and join you in some pizza...well, maybe not the pizza...you know how cheese and I get along! Even though I don't post often...I am constantly in prayer for you guys and your new little addition!
You will probably see that I sent this verse to Mel as well, but it is just so perfect for each of you!
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
You guys, I am sure, are being a witness of how wonderful our Lord is to all of those around you right now! You are there to bring home a son, but you are being used in so many ways while you are there!
I love you both!
Stacey
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while. no good excuses, just been flying around, hanging out with my girls, cutting the lawn ,washing my hair. O.K., hanging ou with my girls is the only good excuse. In football terminology it sounds like you're in the 4th quarter with a nice lead and already getting the gatorade bucket ready for the win. (sorry I had to put the "Gators" in there). I am praying for your little family and for the rest of the process to go smooth. take care and God bless.
uncle Larry
Post a Comment